Saturday, June 1, 2013

My FitBit Flex(BAM) "Quantified Self"

Being able to easily see my progress toward a particular daily activity goal has been incredibly motivating. I don't feel lost in all the data my device collects. I don't have to open up an app on my phone or computer to check. It's right on my wrist, how active I've been -- or not.  The FitBit Flex is my first attempt in using a body activity monitor.  Setting up the Flex was very easy and quick.  Instructions are well detailed and easy to understand.  The Flex syncs with your iPhone and the information is then pushed to your own space on FitBit's website. From there it scaled, parsed, and shared if you so desire.  

So this isn't another review of the Flex but it is a question of whether the movement to the "Quantified Self" is truly worth the time and effort?  Does it really make you want to take better care of yourself through the use of real data? For me it does, I am being coaxed to take those extra steps, drink more ounces of water, and say no to that extra serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment